Apr 09, 2013
If you can’t tone it TAN it!
Get a sun-kissed or deep bronze tan in 15 minutes flat at Beauty Company with the best technicians in San Francisco.
Choose your color: light, medium, or dark…always $35!
Call the front desk 415.568.8740 to book now or book online.
Dec 14, 2012
At Beauty Company we are your Holiday gift giving source! Here are 10 handpicked gifts under $30 to pamper those you love.
1. Pre de Provance’s quad-milled European Soaps come in a variety of scents for pretty much any person on your holiday list. From milk to black cherry, we’ve got a scent to satisfy. ($5.95) Include the shea butter cream ($15.95) to make the skin feel twice as nice.
2. We love candles at Beauty Company! One of our favorites with the most burning time and the lowest price tag is Skeem’s Pure Pillar Collection. Their twist on the classic pilar is made with an exclusive soy blend, these best-selling scents are hand silk screened, need no container, have no excess packaging and burn for 120 hours. 22.95
3.With all the information on how bad drinking out of plastic bottles is, bkr is here with their BPA-free, BPA replacement free, FDA approved materials glass bottle with a colorful silicone sleeve, for those of us not looking to drink water marinating in chemicals you can’t pronounce. Everything tastes better out of glass. 24.00
4. Seda France makes beautiful and luxurious candles in the most beautiful pagoda box. With scents like Japanese Quince, French Tulip and for the season Autumn Spice. These make great gifts for those interested in a long lasting, lingering scent. $29.95
5. There is nothing like Tokyo Milk’s Parfum. The bottles are beautiful and intriguing while the scents are intoxicating and alluring. Brilliantly paired notes that can be layered for a distinctive scent uniquely your own. $24
6. These Destination Cosmetic Bags by MOR keep your essential items neatly stored for easy access in this traveling season. The London hanging bag for those long trips away, The Melbourne trio in a variety of sizes and materials are perfect for keeping essential items organized and within reach and the New York Pencil case to keep your everyday necessities together on the go. $20-$30
7. There’s no wonder Oprah has picked Lollia’s Shea Butter Handcreme as one of her famous “Favorite Things.” Available in a variety of Lollia’s signature scents this luxurious botanical handcreme is infused with Macadamia Nut Oil to nourish and hydrate the skin while leaving behind an innocently seductive scent. $25
8. With our extensive collection of nail color from Essie, Butter London and OPI, there is no doubt there is a color for everyone on your list! All color lines we carry are DBP, Toulene and Formaldahyde free! Try these trendy, must have colors…OPI’s Did you ear about Van Gogh?, ($8.50) a creamy, taupey nude that flatters almost every skin tone, Essie’s Snap Happy, ($8.50) a cheerful, red orange, Butter London’s Royal Navy, ($14.00) a rich, creamy navy, and Essie’s Sew Psyched, a greyed out, camo green cream ($8.50).
9.For fun stocking stuffers try these fun and festive glitter headbands and hair ties to add a touch of glitz to any outfit! ($5-$10) Jane Tran’s decorative clips and bobby pins are durable and there’s a size and shape for anyones hair type as well as designs and patterns to fit an array of personal styles ($9.50).
10.Nothing beats the gift of full fledged liberty! Let them pick out their own goodies and gift that special someone on your holiday list with a gift certificate to Beauty Company! From a relaxing Manicure/Pedicure, to everyday necessities like brushes and combs, this is a gift that is sure to satisfy!
Sep 06, 2012
Beauty Company ringleader Sherri Ziesche is known for impeccable taste with all things beauty. She’s asked daily for recommendations, and she has a strict “no pay for play” policy – meaning she does not accept complimentary services in return for promotions! She always practices honesty with referrals. If she wouldn’t send her best friend to a treatment, she wouldn’t send a stranger either! As a licensed aesthetician in San Francisco for over 20 years, she knows the beauty scene like no one else. Read on for her recommendations of the best of the best in San Francisco.
1. Dermatology Dr. Seth Matarasso The one and only! Ask anyone in the biz, his name will come up first.
2. Botox Dr. Tammy Foster Her “less is more” approach produces phenomenal results, every time.
3. Facials Maria Zeeleska The only person Sherri lets touch her skin! Complete trust. Sherri typically gets facials once a year and maintains at home by doing monthly non-abrasive peels.
4. Breast Augmentation/Plastic Surgery Dr. Timothy Marten Sherri always sees amazing results come out of his office. His breast augmentation procedure includes going through the nipple and under the muscle, so what you see and feel is more nature. He is also known for his incredible eye work.
5. Haircuts Ron Lee at Elevations Of the legendary Asian stylist twins of San Francisco (brother is Jon Lee, lead stylist at Vidal Sassoon) these two men rock the SF hair scene. Both are fabulous, and Sherri typically does two-three full wet & dry cuts with Ron a year, then maintains with dry cuts from any of the stylists at Beauty Company. Dry cuts are the secret to keeping her hair long and strong!
6. Hair Color Honestly, Sherri’s not picky! She never does the same formula twice. She does have about three formulas on file at Beauty Company for when her hair goes too blonde (wait – is that possible?!) Sherri says YES – too much blonde loses all-over tone and dimension! She recommends shaking it with lowlights at least every third color appointment. While she sees the Beauty Company stylists regularly, if downtown Sherri recommends Jason Moran at di Pietro Todd or Melissa at Suite 5. She maintains long-lasting relationships with both!
7. Face Lifts Dr. David Kaufman Amazing results!
8. Eyebrows Phong at Beauty Company Sherri is known for being pickiest about her brows!!! While she saw Maria (mentioned above for facials) for years, she now sees Phong religiously. Phong does incredible shaping!
9. Mani/Pedis Beauty Company This is why Sherri expanded Beauty Company! She prefers a clean, comfortable environment (with a huge color selection!) rather than a spa environment, which makes Beauty Company such a unique beauty destination! For a spa she recommends….
10 a). Local Spa The Nob Hill Spa at The Huntington Hotel Perfect day spa in SF!
10 b). Destination Spa Spirit Rock in West Marin is an oasis of relaxation. Esalen in Big Sur provides a remote, beautiful spa also.
Aug 07, 2012
Butter LONDON is one of the most innovative nail products on the market. Their colors are known to be cutting edge, highly fashionable and a little “rock ‘n roll.” Their products are all “Three Free” (free of toxic chemicals Toluene, DBP and Formaldehyde) and also free of parabens.* Butter LONDON was the first nail care line in the United States to be free of these toxins.
Besides being great for your nails and health, Butter’s colors are off the chain! Daily someone new to the line is shocked by the beautiful, innovative shades that Butter LONDON produces each season.
We carry Butter in our mani/pedi lounge, so try it out for your next nail service at Beauty Company. You won’t be disappointed!
*It should be noted that OPI and Essie, the other two nail polish lines carried at Beauty Company, are also considered “Three Free.”
Aug 03, 2012
And it’s not who you think! Jack Black skincare is an innovative skin line for men. It’s product line is simple and effective, which makes it one of our best-selling men’s lines. Listed below are some of the hero products that our male clients just can’t live without.
All Over Wash for Face, Hair & Body Great for your entire bod (and face and hair, obvi) that gently washes debris while keeping your skin moist
Energizing Face Buff powerful tiny scrubbers whisk away stubborn dead skin cells, hairs, etc to give you a clean, close shave
Beard Lube A thick, creamy pre-shave substance (neither cream or foam). Reduces irritation, softens whiskers and prevents razor burn.
Double Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20 lightweight but ultra moisturizing, it also provides a solid SPF perfect for daily use
Jul 31, 2012
We are thrilled that online booking is back in business! Want the skinny on how to book appointments through the web? Read below for step-by-step instruction. You can even book while lounging at home in you undies…we promise, no one will ever know!
Find the “Make An Appointment” button on our website (top-right corner of homepage) or facebook page (directly under our cover photo).
For new clients & appointments:
Click “create a new appointment”
Click “continue” (to select our one and only fabulous location!)
Choose from one of the popular 9 services listed, otherwise choose the tabs at the bottom of the screen “salon” (hair cuts & colors) “spa” (waxing & tanning) “nails” (mani/pedis).
Choose a service (for example, under “Salon” and “Cuts+ Style) you can choose a blowout, haircut, Brazilian Blowout, etc).
For nail, waxing or tanning services choose “Any Staff” when asked who would you like to see. For hair appointments that you have a certain stylist in mind please choose their name.
Choose the week (this week, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc), the time of day (morning, afternoon, evening) from the tabs at the top of the screen. The open appointments will appear on the week grid that shows under your selected stylsits’ name. Choose the time you’d like.
Login to the system with your email and password. If you have not registered before, please create a new account. You will be emailed a verification code, which you will enter in order to book your appointment. The email sends instantly.
Review your appointment details. Click “confirm” to book this appointment. You then have an option to add on other services.
Click “Complete Order” on the bottom left of the screen. YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL NOT BE BOOKED UNTIL YOU DO THIS.
You will receive an email confirmation confirming your order.
*When a service says “Booking request only” this means this service is not able to be booked online. Please call us at 415-567-8740 to help set up that appointment.
**You are unable to cancel appointments online. Please call in to cancel an appointment. We really appreciate the head’s up!
Jul 27, 2012
The ever-expanding Bumble&Bumble has recently launched their “Straight” line, which is refreshingly simple with only three products. Their first ever sulfate-free shampoo, a moisturizing/smoothing conditioner, and “Straight Blow Dry” – a balm that when used properly is guaranteed to straighten, smooth and control your hair.
Start with the shampoo and conditioner in the shower. Finish by applying Straight Blow Dry throughout damp hair, roots to ends. Use a large brush (paddle is recommended, though if you prefer a round brush click here to choose the right one). Straight Blow Dry is heat activated, so you must use your blow dryer with the product (though heat protection is built in, so don’t worry!). The formula is light-weight and non-greasy, but intended for coarse or thick hair that needs help with frizz, control, smoothness or shine.
Jul 24, 2012
Redken is one of our very favorite brands at Beauty Company. Despite it’s reasonable price tag, Redken Fifth Ave. makes stellar products for every type of hair. No matter what your battle, you can find something to help perfect your locks. Need proof? Find your hair type below and give these products a try.
Curly Fresh Curls Provides instant moisture and bounce to all curls
Frizzy Real Control controls excess volume and helps create a sleek straight look. Smooth Down tames crazy locks and moisturizes dry, unruly hair
Thin Body Full Amplify limp locks with their sprays and foams
Colored Color Extend Tried and true, it rocks are world for colored tresses of all hair types
Dry Clear Moisture shampoo and conditioner plus All Soft Aragon-6 Oil will transform dry hair
Brittle/Dry All Soft Shampoo, Conditioner and Velvet Whip treatments will instantly add softness and shine to dull hair.
Blonde Blonde Glam Keep your blonde vibrant – not brassy – with this blonde specific (but not purple) shampoo
Jul 19, 2012
Beauty Company’s newest brand, Onesta Haircare, prides itself on being a truly chemical-free, natural, plant-based, cruelty-free….and it works! It’s been flying off the shelves since we brought it in last month. Learn why below.
Do NOT contain:
Sodium Laureth Sulfate
DEA & TEA
Colors or dyes
Animal testing or ingredients
They DO contain:
Naturally Derived ingredients
Coconut oil & Sage oil
Omega 3 fatty acids
Onesta means honesty, and this brand makes that their mission and promise. Try their shampoos, conditioners and stylers for a beautiful, guilt-free look…honestly!
Jul 16, 2012
DevaCurl is one of our best selling lines for a reason- it is REALLY effective! Formulated only for curly locks, Deva has an entire school and brand built around their philosophies on treating curls. For the severely curly who struggled to find the perfect haircut, we recommend a stylist who has certification through Deva. A “DevaCut” differs than most haircuts because part is performed on dry hair, part on wet, and sitting under the hood dryer (as opposed to using a blow dryer) is involved. Sound complicated? Trust us, if your curls never lay right, a DevaCut will change your life!
Trying to grow out a painful cut and don’t want anyone to approach your curls with scissors? Start using the Deva Styling line. Their concept is that suds=frizz (true!) so they’ve created a “No Poo” and “Low Poo” to be used in place of traditional shampoo. The “No Poo” is zero lather, essentially making it a cleansing conditioner. The “Low Poo” lightly lathers (for those folks who just can’t handle absolutely no suds!). The only conditioner is “One Condition” which is light but moisturizing, and can be used as a leave-in. Their styling products range from light gels to firmer creams to revitalizing spritzers and more. We have testers of each of the products out, so we suggest you play with them all and see which ones respond best to your hair. Curls can be finicky (they are, after all, so very different and unique!).
DevaCurl also makes its own diffuser, which is compatible with almost any blow dryer. This diffuser is unlike any you’ve ever seen – it’s actually shaped like a hand! It gently gives your life and definition without the traditional circular, humongous diffuser. Try it and you will be shocked!
Deva also makes their “Care” line, which has completely identical products to their original DevaCurl line. DevaCare was originally created for color-treated hair, though all Deva products are sulfate-free and certainly safe for color. DevaCare also has orange peel extract in the ingredients, making it slightly more moisturizing and giving it a citrus-y fragrance. Most people really prefer one over the other, so try both DevaCurl and DevaCare (though both are intended for color) and see what you like.
OLDER POSTS >